Thursday, February 18

Day 2 – Longing

Meabh at Cat Protection longing for a home (JH)

As a deer longs for flowing streams,
so my soul longs for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God,
for the living God.
When shall I come and behold
the face of God?
My tears have been my food
day and night,
while people say to me continually,
“Where is your God?”…
Why are you cast down, O my soul, 
and why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him. (Psalm 42: 1-3, 11)

Our longings are our starting place. They trace the contours of our desires. They map our dreams. We must stay with the longing. Instead of trying to ‘solve’ it by searching for excitement, we must listen to it carefully. The willingness to long, to thirst, to stay with the emptiness and the questions, brings its gift. Our longing is the clearest sign that what we seek is already to be found in us.

(Extract from Dust & Glory by David Runcorn)

 For Reflection

What is your desire? How might you fulfil that under the current restrictions?

 Remember in your prayers

The places, people and activities you miss, the aspects of life ‘on hold’ because of the pandemic.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment